Barnet Guild of Artists is proud to be be involved in this community project and to have supported the provision of a permanent art gallery facility.
The original Christ Church school in 1844
The above image is a part of a copy of the original drawing by the architectural practice, Scott and Moffat, and is now in the Vestry of Christ Church, Barnet.
Barnet Guild of Artists approached the trustees of the John Trotter Trust with a proposal to provide a permanent gallery area in the Open Door Centre to display the work of local artists. This was favourably received and after some discussion it was agreed that the best position for the display area would be in the cafe area - on the walls marked in blue on the above plan.
Artists impression of the finished centre
Work in progress
Nearing completion - just the wall lights and picture hanging tracks to go!
Starting to hang the paintings
The finished display
The Bishop of Stepney officially opening the centre by cutting the tape and unveiling the plaque
The lady mayoress, a former chairman of Barnet Guild of Artists, catching up with some current members.
For more information on the Open Door Centre, please view their website